The National Coordinating Committee to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in the Republic of Tajikistan (NCC) announces the start of the process of electing members of the NCC from civil society for the period 2023-2026.
Elections to the NCC will be held in accordance with the Regulations on the NCC, approved by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan dated February 28, 2015, No. 127 and provides for an election process to determine 6 members of the NCC from the following communities of key populations and public organizations:
1. Community of people who inject drugs (PWID), prisoners, patients of the opioid substitution therapy/opioid agonist maintenance treatment (OST/OAMT);
2. Community of women and girls on HIV and Tuberculosis components;
3. Community of people living with HIV;
4. Community of people affected by Tuberculosis (patients and service);
5. Community of MSM, SW, TRG;
6. Community of migrants and youth (HIV and TB).
For communication within the communities and the implementation of elections from among the representatives of the above communities, an Organizing Committee was created with the following composition:
1. Ergashev Shukhratjon (Public Organization “Jovidon”; Kulyab city; phone number: 930034030; e-mail: email@example.com) – representative of PWID community, prisoners and OST/OAMT;
2. Shapirova Mino (Public organization “Equality”; phone number: 934395005; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) – representative of the community of women and girls on HIV and Tuberculosis components;
3. Suhrob Faizov (NGO “SVON plus”; Kulyab city; telephone number: 934414270; e-mail: email@example.com) – representative of the community of people living with HIV;
4. Karimov Tolibjon (Association “Stop TB in Tajikistan”; telephone number: 937791120; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) – representative of the community of people affected by tuberculosis (patients and service);
5. Mehroj Barotov (NGO “Youth View”; telephone number: 988343876; e-mail: email@example.com) – representative of the MSM, SW, TRG community;
6. Rabikhov Abdusalom (Public Organization “Hamsol ba Hamsol”; phone number: 908 282002; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) – representative of the community of migrants and youth (HIV and TB).
The NCC Secretariat encourages the representatives of the above communities to organize the election process in accordance with the Plan for the Involvement of Communities of key populations in the Election Process, approved by representatives of civil society organizations. The text of the Plan is available here: Plan
The Organizing Committee will register candidates for members of the NCC from the communities by accepting applications.
Candidates must send an application to the emails of the Organizing Committee members indicated above no later than 15:00, June 1, 2023. Candidate Application Form is available here: Application Form
Criteria for selection of candidates for members of the NCC from civil society are the followings:
– represents an activity registered in the Republic of Tajikistan;
– works in the field of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, tuberculosis and malaria, and also contributes to the implementation of the national response to the fight against acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, tuberculosis and malaria, the Millennium Development Goals and other initiatives taken in the field of health;
– is a representative of public and private organizations, persons infected with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, tuberculosis and malaria, persons directly related to them, charitable organizations;
– takes part in activities undertaken by the NCC and shares experience and information.
Attention! Applications of candidates who have been members of the NCC for the maximum number of years provided for in clause 15 of the Regulations on the NCC will not be accepted for registration.